I’ve been playing with DAZ3D since 2016 or so.
So, what softwares do I use?
- DAZ 3D for the 3D art
- DAZ stuff
- https://www.deviantart.com/the-gimp/gallery/2590081/GIMP-Brushes (lots of free brushes)
- https://www.deviantart.com/tawnyt (chastity belt, racks, cages, offers a lot of freebies. Be sure to pay her a visit)
- Blender.org (to make your own props, something I’m awful at…)
- GIMP for post production (corrections, merging files, “stamp” logo)
- “copyright seal” stamp.
- HDRI Haven for many HDRI backgrounds
Hardware: My PC is from January 2019.
- Motherboard: ASUS Prime H270-Plus
- CPU: Intel Core i5-7400, 3Ghz
- RAM: 16Gb
- 500Gb SSD (boot and softwares)
- 1Tb Secondary Hard drive, RAID-1 setup, for data files
- 1Tb SSD drive Just for DAZ Studio
- 15Gb Google Drive Cloud Storage for more backup protection
- Windows 10, 64Bits
- 3Tb RAID-1 NAS for backup as well as a 2TB Portable USB HDD.
I learned to do backups the hard way, with my first ever computer – (1990-ish, 80286 – 12Mhz, 20Mb HDD and 512Kb RAM (MS-DOS / Windows) which had a faulty Power Supply and was wiping my hard drive clean from time to time when it was glitching. (Fucked up the File Allocation Table (FAT))
The renders are done with the NVidia iray engine, and thus are done within the GPU. Unless it’s too big for the memory, and thus reverts to CPU for four to 6 times the rendering time.
- MSI Nvidia GTX 1070 8Gb
- Monitors: Twin HP 24es (24 inches / 61cm)
- Gaming Keyboard and Mouse (because I wear the standards out too quickly)
We are sorry that this post was not interesting for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?